As we enter the second week of the lockdown in some parts of the country there are some things you need to keep in mind:
- Please take the quarantine seriously, reduce your contact with people outside your immediate family. Most people have caught this infection from people that were not showing any symptoms.
- Staying at home can challenge your eating discipline- create a food timetable and stick to it. When you go out to shop, please stock up on fruits & vegetables to help you snack healthier- wash your hands once you’re home.
- If you are on medications for chronic diseases e.g. diabetes, hypertension etc., continue to take your medications as prescribed.
- If you want your drugs (for chronic diseases) delivered to your home or office please send a mail with your prescription to email@example.com, we can deliver to most parts of Lagos and Abuja.
- Don’t forget to check your blood pressure and sugar levels at home if you have the devices to do so. Take this time to catch up on all the rest and sleep you have missed out on
- Your immunity is your body’s first line of defense, boost it by sleeping, taking your meals and drinking water at least 1.5L of water per day. Fruits are very good for your immunity too.
- Please don’t forget to reach out to your family via chat or video call platforms. Ensure that you have an emergency contact- schedule a regular check in with your family.
- If you do not have an appointment and it’s not an emergency, please do not visit the hospitals at this time. Use the Telemedicine by Hygeia HMO option instead, if your plan covers it.
- If you have any questions reach out to us via mail at hycare@ hygeiahmo.com or call us on 014488300.