Hygeia HMO is helping to lead and support a coalition of partners aimed at getting cash into the hands of people who need them right now.
We are also providing health information on what the virus is and ways to prevent catching it. Starting with this advisory:
As we enter the second phase of the lockdown in some parts of the country there are some things you need to keep in mind:
- Please take the quarantine seriously, reduce your contact with people outside your immediate family. Most people have caught this infection from people that were not showing any symptoms.
- Staying at home can challenge your eating discipline- create a food timetable and stick to it. When you go out to shop, please stock up on fruits & vegetables to help you snack healthier- wash your hands once you’re home.
- If you are on medications for chronic diseases e.g. diabetes, hypertension etc., continue to take your medications as prescribed.
- If you want your drugs (for chronic diseases) delivered to your home or office please send a mail with your prescription to email@example.com, we can deliver to most parts of Lagos and Abuja.
- Don’t forget to check your blood pressure and sugar levels at home if you have the devices to do so. Take this time to catch up on all the rest and sleep you have missed out on
- Your immunity is your body’s first line of defense, boost it by sleeping, taking your meals and drinking water at least 1.5L of water per day. Fruits are very good for your immunity too.
- Please don’t forget to reach out to your family via chat or video call platforms. Ensure that you have an emergency contact- schedule a regular check in with your family.
- If you do not have an appointment and it’s not an emergency, please do not visit the hospitals at this time. Use the Telemedicine by Hygeia HMO option instead, if your plan covers it.
- If you have any questions reach out to us via mail at hycare@ hygeiahmo.com or call us on 014488300.
- Only go out if it is absolutely necessary e.g. to get food, medicine or fuel.
- Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories about the pandemic including on social media. Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly can be upsetting.
- Take care of your body. You may not be able to go to the gym, but you can walk up & down some stairs and do some stretching exercises. You can also download home workout videos and apps to stay fit while indoors.
- If you do have to step out of the house, give your hands a thorough scrub each time you get back. 20 seconds is the recommended minimum amount of time to ensure you wash thoroughly
- The covid19 virus has been shown to survive on some surfaces for up to 16 hours, making it important to regularly disinfect your home. Sanitize common surfaces using disinfectants. Products containing bleach, alcohol or hydrogen peroxide are the best at killing off germs
- Ensure you stay hydrated. Drinking enough water helps to keep your body strong and enhances its ability to fight off viruses and infection
Our work here at Hygeia HMO continues and is now more vital than ever. We are 100% online and available for you throughout this period. If you have an emergency and need to see a doctor, please reach out to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We have a full team available to attend to your needs.